Filton Golf Club Development Plan
Our goal – To make Filton Golf Club the stand-out members’ golf club in the area
This will be achieved by creating a first class golf Academy featuring:
- a 14 bay golf practice range
- a 9 hole par 3 Academy course
- a dedicated short game practice area
- an immaculately presented 18 hole championship course
- a welcoming clubhouse.
Deliver a new landform for the 9 hole par 3 Academy course and some course improvements, eg, a new landform over the two ponds.
Deliver a new landform for the practice range and further course improvements such as eliminating the camber on the 6th hole and re-shaping the 8th and 9th holes.
The construction of:
- 14 bay practice range with covered bays integrated with the Pro Shop. At least half the bays will be “hi-tech enabled”, eg, with Trackman. One of the bays will be a dedicated teaching bay for the professionals to use for lessons.
- A 9 hole par 3 Academy course.
The Club has already started investing in its greenkeeping team in terms of additional staff and new equipment. You’ve probably seen the new “Ventrac” machine clearing scrub on the margins of the course).
The Club has also sought advice from leading golf course designers to understand where changes to the course will make the biggest improvement, such as
- adjusting the “centre line” of some holes
- adding new tees to improve playability
- changing the position of some bunkers and planting new trees to help shape holes
The Greens Committee has scheduled these changes over a rolling five year course improvement plan.
The Club also has plans to improve:
- the approach to the course
- the interior and exterior of the clubhouse