Founded in 1909, Filton Golf Club is a private members club located in North Bristol. We have a rolling parkland golf course with excellent practice facilities and clubhouse. In recent years the reputation of the course has grown with particular praise for its greens from handicap and professional golfers alike. It has exciting development plans over the next two years for both the course and other facilities with a view to enhancing the golfing experience and increasing membership.
Salary: £ Competitive
Date Posted: 31 January
Closing Date: 4 March
Leading a small management team and reporting to the Club Chairman, the Managing Secretary has responsibility for all aspects of the club’s operations including:
- Property management – Maintaining the premises and other assets of the club.
- Course-liaising with the course manager in course development.
- Commercial – marketing the club to potential members and visitors.
- Communication – with committees, members, staff and the local golfing community.
- Service – management of the clubhouse including bar and catering facilities.
- Administration – managing the accounting function, preparing budgets, management accounts and forecasts for the trustee directors and elected council.
- Legal – ensuring compliance with health and safety, employment and all other legal and regulatory requirements.
Will have the skills and knowledge to match the tasks set out above, in particular:
- Strong financial and commercial expertise
- Understanding of the current trends in the golf market
- IT and administrative skills with good eye for detail
- Strong people management and inter-personal skills
Competitive package including performance related incentive
Apply by email to the Chairman ([email protected]) with CV and details of current remuneration package, setting out how you match the requirements of the job